It’s hump day! So the weekend is basically here, right? 💁🏻♀️
If you’re already dragging halfway through the week, pick yourself up with some of this aaaamazing granola!
I made granola for the first time not too long ago – I didn’t realize how easy it is and that it can still be so delicious without being loaded with sugar. For this recipe, feel free to replace 1 tbsp of maple syrup with water for an even lower sugar option – I find it’s still plenty sweet!
I’ll definitely be playing around with the many flavor combos and possibilities now that i’ve jumped onboard the granola train!
What’s your favorite granola flavor (homemade or store-bought)? I’d love some inspiration 😊
Recipe makes about 2-2 1/2 cups
- ¼ cup (60g) almond butter
- 3 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 1/2 (120g) cups rolled oats
- ¼ cup (28g) slivered almonds
- ¼ cup (40g) dried cherries, roughly chopped
- Preheat the oven to 315F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together the almond butter, maple syrup, vanilla extract, and salt. Add the rolled oats and toss to coat them. Add the slivered almonds and mix.
- Spread the oat mixture onto the baking sheet and spread it out. You can leave some pockets bunched together – hello delicious granola clumps!
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until fragrant and beginning to turn golden. The mixture will not be crunchy yet when it’s done, but it will crunch up as it cools and the rest of the steam evaporates.
- Let it cool on the baking sheet, then break it apart while leaving some clumps if you’d like. Fold in the dried cherries.
- Store in an air-tight container at room temperature.