Well, we’ve officially had our stay-at-home order extended another week. That’ll make it 2 months if it isn’t extended further 😅
As we continue to hunker down, I’m all about cozy meals that still allow me to eat healthy. This chicken noodle soup has been a go-to!
I’ve also made a few batches and frozen them too for easy dinners later. I also love it because it’s kind of stew-like – you know, hearty and not a watery soup 🥣
It’s so quick and easy to make. I use my instant pot but you can make it on the stove if you don’t have an IP. Just let the chicken and veggies to simmer until the chicken is cooked, remove it, shred, and follow the rest of the instructions as described!
This recipe makes about 10 cups, which we eat in 6 servings
- 2 tbsp ghee
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 4 carrots, sliced
- 4 celery, sliced
- 3 garlic cloves
- 8 cups chicken broth or bone broth
- 1 tbsp fresh dill
- 1 tbsp dried parsley
- 1 tsp marjoram
- 1 tsp oregano
- ½ tsp thyme
- ½ tsp rosemary
- ½ tsp black pepper
- 3 bay leaves
- 1 ½ pounds chicken breast, boneless, skinless
- 8oz gluten-free shell pasta (I used this one)
- Add ghee to Instant Pot on sauté. Cook onion, celery, and carrots with until they begin to soften.
- Turn off Instant Pot and add the garlic immediately. Stir until fragrant (30-60 seconds), add broth and herbs, stir. Place chicken in Instant Pot and make sure it’s submerged.
- Close lid, set to sealing, and cook on high pressure for 8 minutes.
- Allow the Instant Pot to naturally release for 10 minutes.
- Remove the chicken and bay leaves. Shred the chicken in a bowl, then set aside.
- Set the Instant Pot to sauté and add the noodles when boiling. Cook per noodle instructions until al dente.
- Turn off the Instant Pot and add the chicken again. Taste the soup – if you used low sodium broth, you may want to add salt or more of another seasoning to your taste.
Nutritional Info (1/6 recipe): 356 calories, 8g fat, 30.7g carbs, 35g protein