I’m so excited to share another recipe using a Due Cellucci sauce! I finally tried their Vodka Sauce and I think it’s my favorite so far.
They’re a family-owned company and their sauces taste so fresh and homemade. They’re also made with all whole foods, no added sugar, is gluten-free, and Italian San Marzano tomatoes – yum!
All their other sauces are vegan and whole-30 friendly. This one is not since it has a little dairy, bacon, and a touch of white wine, but if you tolerate dairy, I highly recommend it!
Using their sauce, this chicken penne alla vodka recipe only has 3 other ingredients. It makes for a perfect quick weeknight meal.
I hope you try it out, as well as their other sauces. You can find them on Amazon!
Recipe makes 4-6 servings
- 2 lb. chicken breast, boneless & skinless
- 8oz shiitake mushrooms
- 12oz gluten-free penne
- 1 24oz jar of Due Cellucci Vodka Sauce
- Olive oil
- Salt & black pepper, to taste
- Optional: grated parmesan, fresh basil
- Cut the chicken into bite-sized pieces. Clean, then thinly slice the shiitake mushrooms.
- Heat some olive oil in a pan over medium heat, then add the chicken. Season with salt and pepper, then cook until almost cooked through. Add the mushrooms and continue to cook the chicken and mushrooms until the chicken is no longer pink in the center and the mushrooms have softened.
- Cook the penne according to instructions on the box. Once cooked, pour the vodka sauce over the pasta and toss to coat. Add the chicken and mushrooms, toss again.
- Serve topped with grated parmesan cheese and/or chopped fresh basil.