Can’t stop won’t stop making all the soups 😍
I’ve always loved a good tortilla soup, but never made one until now! It’s so full of flavor and yummy textures from the veggies to the gluten-free tortilla crisps on top
If you tolerate dairy, I definitely recommend the Greek yogurt and cheese on top too – the yogurt makes it so creamy 😋 leave them out and the recipe is dairy-free and still delicious!
I used my Instant Pot for the shredded chicken, then the soup – but I below explain how you can make this recipe if you don’t have a pressure cooker
Recipe makes 4 servings
- 2 6” tortillas – I used Siete Foods cassava flour tortillas
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1 can fire roasted diced tomatoes
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 1 jalapeño, diced small (seeded)
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- ½ packet taco seasoning
- OR make your own: 2 tsp chili powder, 1 tsp smoked paprika, 1 tsp cumin, 1/2 tsp chipotle powder, 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1 lb. chicken breast, boneless & skinless
- 1 can black beans, drained
- 1 cups corn, frozen or fresh
- ¼ cup cilantro, chopped
- Toppings: avocado, shredded cheese, greek yogurt, cilantro
- Preheat the oven to 350F. Slice the tortillas in half, then in the opposite direction into ¼” strips. Lay them on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Spray or lightly brush them with olive oil and bake for 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned and crispy.
- While the tortillas toast, add the broth, lime juice, diced tomato, yellow onion, jalapeño, garlic, and spices to the Instant Pot. Stir to combine. Add the chicken and submerge. Close the lid, set the vent to sealing, and enable high pressure for 20 minutes. When the time is up, release the pressure carefully and remove the chicken. Shred the chicken, then put it back into the pot.
- Set the Instant Pot to sauté mode and add the beans and corn. Bring it to a simmer and let it cook for 5 minutes. Turn off the heat, then stir in the chopped cilantro. Taste and see if it needs any additional spices or salt – you may want more salt depending on the broth you used.
- Serve topped with avocado, cheese, greek yogurt, cilantro, and the toasted tortilla strips.