A little Taco Tuesday one day early so you have time to go get the ingredients for tomorrow 🌮
I love the versatility of tacos – tortillas make perfect vehicles for all sorts of flavor combinations. From traditional tacos, to Asian-inspired tacos, to these chimichurri tacos!
Chimichurri sauce is a garlicky parsley-based vinaigrette-type sauce (eloquently stated, right? 😂) traditionally served over beef. I figured why not use it on some beef tacos?
I used my Instant Pot to make some simple shredded beef. If you don’t have a pressure (or slow) cooker, feel free to use sautéed ground beef or whatever protein you prefer!
You can use your favorite tortilla or make your own! Check out my 2-ingredient cassava flour tortillas – they’re gluten-free, vegan, amazingly soft & sturdy, and delicious!
Recipe makes 4 servings
- 1 cup parsley
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 tsp each: marjoram, oregano
- ¼ tsp each: salt, black pepper, red pepper flakes
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 ½ lbs chuck roast, cut into ~4×4 inch pieces
- 1 cup beef or chicken broth
- Olive oil
- 1 yellow onion, sliced into ¼” strips
- 2 orange peppers, sliced into ¼” strips
- 1 cup fire-roasted corn, frozen
- 1 avocado, sliced or cubed
- 1 cup red cherry tomatoes, halved
- 12 soft tortillas – try my cassava flour tortillas!
- Blend all ingredients under “chimichurri” in your blender, then set aside.
- Put the chuck roast in the instant pot with 1 cup of broth (beef or chicken). Close the lid, set to vent to “sealing” and turn it to high pressure for 40 minutes. When it’s done, carefully release the pressure, remove the beef, and shred.
- While the beef cooks, heat some olive oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Add the yellow onion and orange peppers, sauté until soft and caramelized (5-10 minutes).
- When the peppers and onions are done, set them aside and use the same pan to sauté the corn until warm and no longer frozen.
- Assembly: Just warm some tortillas (I do it in the microwave for 20 seconds), then add the shredded beef, onions & pepper, corn, avocado, tomatoes, and top with chimichurri sauce.