This was my first time making mashed potatoes in the instant pot and I really can’t believe I waited so long!
It was also my first time using an immersion blender to mash them… Guys, they turned out SO smooth, creamy, and almost gummy with no butter or cream at all!
This may be due to the immersion blender, so I HIGHLY recommend using one, but you can of course just mash them as usual after cooking them in the pressure cooker
Using the pressure cooker and immersion blender, they turned out amazing with just salt and pepper. You can always add ghee or coconut milk for some additions if you’d like!
Recipe makes 4-5 servings
- 4 medium russet potatoes – peeled, halved & quartered
- Salt & pepper, to taste
- Optional: ghee, dairy-free milk
- Place the sliced potatoes in your instant pot and sprinkle with some salt.
- Add just enough water to submerge the potatoes.
- Close the lid, turn the vent to sealing, and set it to high pressure for 8 minutes.
- Once done cooking, carefully release the pressure and use a slotted spoon to remove the potatoes and place in a mixing bowl.
- Use a fork, potato masher, or immersion blender to mash the potatoes. I highly recommend an immersion blender! It made them SO creamy and smooth with just salt and pepper.
- Add salt, pepper, and optionally any ghee or milk.