I’ve been all about pasta dishes during this comfort food season. This one is seriously SO easy, creamy, and delicious!
My favorite gluten-free pasta is by Jovial Foods. I used their tagliatelle brown rice pasta for this dish.
I used shredded beef that I made in my Instant Pot (directions in notes of the recipe) but you can use chicken, shrimp, whatever you prefer – this pasta is really versatile and even good on its own!
Makes 4-6 servings
- 1 lb. shredded beef or chicken (see notes for Instant Pot*)
- 8oz pasta (fettuccini-style)
- 2 tbsp ghee
- 4 garlic cloves
- 3 shallots
- 8oz chopped spinach, frozen
- 2 cups milk (I used 2% fat)
- 1/2 tbsp arrowroot powder
- 1 ½ cups parmesan, grated
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- Cook pasta in a large pot according to directions. When done, drain and set aside.
- Heat the ghee in a large pan or pot over medium heat. Add the shallots and cook until softened. Add garlic and spinach, cook until garlic is fragrant – about 30-60 seconds.
- Mix the milk and arrowroot powder together, then add to the pan and mix as the mixture comes to a simmer and thickens for a couple minutes.
- Add the parmesan, salt, and pepper. Mix, then taste and add more salt or pepper if desired.
- Fold in the cooked pasta, tossing to coat in the sauce. Add your desired meat and toss to mix evenly.
- I put 1 lb. stew beef the beef in the instant pot with 1 cup of beef (or chicken broth), topped with ½ tbsp basil, ½ tbsp oregano, 1 tbsp parsley, 1 tsp garlic powder, ½ tsp thyme, and ¼ tsp each salt and pepper. Close lid, cook on high pressure for 40 minutes. Release pressure carefully, remove meat and shred.