I’ve been getting a lot of questions about how I make my matcha latte since my “matcha vs. coffee” Instagram post a few weeks ago.
It’s SO easy and honestly my favorite way to start each morning – i’m drinking one right now as I write this post! 🍵
I make mine with homemade coconut milk and it turns out SO smooth and creamy! Sometimes I add a scoop of collagen powder for a little boost of protein. Here is the collagen i’ve been using – pure & grass-fed.
I usually fast until around 11am, but I have this latte before then. With the scoop of collagen and coconut milk, it’s my favorite low carb, high healthy fat/protein way to kickstart my metabolism for the day!
The matcha I’ve been loving is by Encha. It’s organic and heavy-metal tested (important to me, as matcha can be high in heavy metals depending on its growing conditions).
I use a matcha whisk to make my latte, but I’m sure you can get away with a regular kitchen whisk if you don’t want to invest in one. Just be sure to sift the matcha into the water first to break up any clumps.
Recipe makes 1 serving
- ~2oz water
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1 tsp matcha powder
- Optional: 1 scoop (11g) collagen powder
- Warm about 2oz of water in a mug, then sift your matcha powder into the water using a fine mesh strainer.
- Using a matcha whisk, gently whisk the matcha and water until smooth.
- Warm the coconut milk, then add it to the matcha/water, mix again.
- Optional: add a scoop of collagen and whisk until smooth.
- Enjoy the smooth & creamy deliciousness!