You know I had to try it!
Definitely the world’s most inefficient and tedious way to make pancakes, but how cute are they?? Turns out pancakes are even more fun to eat when they’re miniature ☺️
I compromised, given the increased time it takes to make them, and just used a paleo pancake mix. But you can use any pancake recipe you want!
I also used a squirt bottle (like a ketchup bottle you see at a diner) to make them, which i’m sure is WAY easier than dropping them one by one from a spoon.
I’ve seen some people have been adding milk like it’s cereal but I feel like they might get soggy 🤷🏻♀️ so we topped them with coconut, cacao nibs, and maple syrup.
I would have used fresh fruit if I had any, so definitely try that if you make them!
Recipe makes 1-2 servings
- ¾ cup (70g) paleo pancake mix
- ¾ cup water
- Ghee or coconut oil
- In a bowl, mix together the pancake mix and water. Let it sit for a couple minutes to thicken, then mix again.
- Pour it into a squirt bottle – I’m sure you can do it without one by spooning tiny drops of pancake onto the skillet, but a bottle makes it SO much easier. Shake the mix in the bottle.
- Heat some ghee or coconut oil in a non-stick pan over medium-low heat and drop little bits of mix onto the pan. Let cook until golden-brown on the bottom, flip, and repeat.
- Serve with your favorite toppings!