Happy Cinco de Mayo!
I’ve been busy finishing up my last final today, but I had to whip up a breakfast quesadilla using my cassava flour tortillas!
It’s so so simple with just 4 ingredients and is Paleo-approved! Just make sure your chorizo is compliant 😊
I hope you to try it out! Did you make anything delicious to celebrate today?
Recipe makes 1 serving
- Olive oil or ghee
- 2 eggs
- 1 chicken chorizo sausage (out of casing if raw, diced if pre-cooked)
- 2 cassava tortillas
- ½ an avocado, mashed
- Heat some ghee or olive oil in a pan and add your chorizo. Cook until crispy, then add your eggs (whisked) and cook until done. Remove from pan.
- Add a little more oil or ghee and place the tortillas in the pan. Divide the egg mixture into half of each tortilla, then fold the tortillas in half.
- Let the tortillas cook until a little crispy, then flip and repeat on the other side.
- Remove from the pan, cut them in half, and serve with your avocado!