Maybe it’s my love for sweet and savory, but a salad feels incomplete without a little fruit. My go-to’s are apples, pears, peaches, strawberries, and grapes! I also throw in some roasted nuts for a little added crunch 🌰
This salad has a seasonal-vibe with the spicy arugula, sweet pear, toasted almonds, and winter herbs on the chicken.
I added blue cheese, but feel free to add your favorite – just omit it if you follow a paleo or whole 30 protocol, or if you don’t tolerate dairy well.
Recipe makes 4 servings
- 4 chicken breasts
- Seasoning: ¼ tsp salt, ¼ tsp black pepper, 1 tsp thyme, 1 tsp rosemary, 1 tsp garlic powder
- 4 cups lettuce
- 4 cups arugula
- 2 pears, sliced thinly
- 4oz slivered almonds, toasted
- 4oz blue cheese, crumbled
- 4 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- ½ tbsp dijon mustard
- ½ tbsp honey
- ¼ tsp garlic powder
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- ¼ tsp salt
- Season the chicken with the herbs and place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Bake at 400F for about 20 minutes (more or less depending on the thickness) until cooked through. Slice or chop into bite sized pieces.
- Whisk together the dressing ingredients. Put the lettuce and arugula in a bowl and toss in the dressing (if serving immediately).
- Place the lettuce in a bowl and top with the chicken and remainder of the goodies!