Happy July! I can’t believe another month has flown by 📆 Are you back to work or school? What’s the quarantine status of your state?
We’re still pretty locked down here in North Carolina, but my clinical internship is keeping me busy.
It’s been an interesting time to work in a hospital. Definitely learning a lot and great practice being flexible to sudden changes!
I’ve still been taking the time to exercise before or after my day and cooking all my meals. My time in the kitchen is like my meditation after a long day 👩🏻🍳
I made these wedge fries & dip the other day and they were a big hit! Super easy too and a nice change from traditional fries – somehow the shape makes them more fun!
Make it Paleo by using a Paleo-friendly mayo and Worcestershire sauce. It can also be vegan if you can find a compliant mayonnaise or even try a vegan yogurt (although I haven’t tested this).
Try them out and let me know what you think 😊
Recipe makes 4-5 servings
- 5 Yukon Gold potatoes (small-ish sized)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- ½ tbsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- 6 tbsp mayonaise
- ½ cup ketchup
- 1 tbsp dijon mustard
- tsp hot sauce
- 1 tsp Worcestershire
- ¼ tsp smoked paprika
- ¼ tsp chili powder
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and preheat your oven to 400F.
- Wash and slice the potatoes halfway. Place each half cut-side down, cut in half again, then once more angling the knife to make 4 wedges per half.
- Place the potatoes in a bowl and toss in olive oil. Sprinkle with paprika, garlic, salt, and pepper, then toss again.
- Lay them on the baking sheet skin-side down. Roast for 35-40 minutes or until they begin to brown and crisp.
- While the wedges bake, mix the dip.
- When the fries are done, serve them with the dipping sauce. Enjoy!