Sample 1-Day Meal Plan (3)
Did you know reducing sugar in your diet naturally makes you crave healthier foods more often?
When we feed our body sugary foods, it wants more. This is due to reasons such as how quickly sugar is digested & absorbed, rapid blood sugar fluctuations, and the actual way our brains react to eating it.
Taking some time away from added sugar can give us a reset with all kinds of benefits (physical and mental), including reduced cravings!
If you’re part of my no added sugar challenge this month, we’re almost through week 3! Here’s another sample 1-day meal plan to inspire you for next week.
30 days with no added sugar is NOT easy, but you’re all doing so AMAZING! What are some of the benefits you’re feeling at this point? Comment and let me know!
Calories below are not for everyone – if you count calories (you don’t have to), just scale up or down as needed. It’s easiest to change snack sizes to meet your daily caloric needs as opposed to adjusting meals.
Check out my Instagram post for a little video of all these meals.
Sample Day of Eats
- Breakfast: (550 calories)
- Matcha latte (made with ½ cup 2% milk – or milk of your choice)
- 1 serving (1 recipe) Cacao Hazelnut Overnight Oats
- Lunch: (395 calories)
- 1 serving (¼ recipe) Grape Chicken Salad
- Snack: (75 calories)
- 2 slices turkey (sugar-free) rolled with 1 slice light Swiss cheese
- Dinner: (500 calories)
- 1 serving (¼ recipe) Chili Orange Salmon
- ¼ cup (45g) (measured dry) rice, cooked
- ½ bunch broccolini
- Sautéed with a little olive oil, salt, pepper
- Top with toasted slivered almonds
- Snack: (220 calories)
- 1 serving (⅓ recipe) Nut Butter-Stuffed Dates