This is an easy & yummy weeknight dinner for those busy nights.
Just marinade and bake the shrimp/chicken, sautée some veggies, mix up the crema, and serve!
I used Saucy Lips ghost pepper hot sauce in the crema. Super spicy, but so flavorful 😋
I also used my cassava flour tortilla recipe for the shells – only 4 ingredients, soft, and hold up so well for all these goodies!
Keep these paleo by simply using a compliant dairy-free yogurt in the crema sauce.
Why wait until Tuesday?? Brighten up your Monday with some delicious tacos 🌮
Recipe makes 4 servings
- 3 chipotles in adobo sauce
- 1 tbsp honey
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- ½ tsp onion powder
- ¼ tsp dried oregano
- ½ tsp cumin
- ½ tsp black pepper
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 lb shrimp
- ½ lb chicken breast, diced
- 1 yellow onion, sliced
- 1 bell pepper (red), sliced
- Crema hot sauce
- 2 tbsp mayo
- ¼ cup + 2 tbsp yogurt
- 1 tbsp Saucy Lips ghost pepper sauce
- 2 tsp honey
- 12 cassava flour tortillas
- Shredded cabbage
- Mix ingredients under “marinade” then let the shrimp and chicken marinade in it for about an hour.
- Preheat oven to 400F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Place the chicken and shrimp on the baking sheet once done marinading and bake for 12-15 minutes or until cooked through.
- While the chicken and shrimp cook, sautéed the yellow onion and pepper in a pan with some olive oil and a little salt until soft.
- Combine the crema hot sauce ingredients and set aside.
- To assemble, add some shredded cabbage to the tortilla, then top with sauteed veggies, shrimp/chicken, and avocado. Drizzle with the crema hot sauce and enjoy!