As busy as I am lately, I have been prioritizing healthy eating and exercise.
For me, that’s looked like waking up before the sun 😴 to exercise, meal prepping on the weekend, and setting up my food in the evening for the next day.
Being prepared really reduces the last-minute scramble for food that can lead to unhealthy choices.
Here’s an easy savory breakfast/lunch that’s low sugar/high protein – starting your day with meals like this helps to maintain healthy blood sugar, increase satiety, and reduce cravings.
- Shred 1 lb. of Brussels sprouts, toss in olive oil and salt/pepper, and roast in a 400F oven on a baking sheet until cooked and a little crispy.
- Dice 1 medium butternut squash and roast the same way.
- Sauté 1 lb. ground turkey in a pan with olive oil and your favorite spices (I used rosemary, thyme, salt, pepper, paprika, garlic powder).
- Hard or soft boil some eggs.
- Then, just throw all the above on a plate and top with some microgreens. 🌱
That’s it! Super simple, but hearty and filling. It’s also Paleo and whole 30 approved 😊 Enjoy!