Happy Saturday! Gotta love the weekend, when you have the time to make fun and delicious breakfasts 😋
If you haven’t read my previous posts, I may be the sweet potato’s #1 fan 💕 I love that they can be transformed into a sweet or savory dish!
My favorite kind of breakfast or snack involves both a sweet and savory component, and these sweet potato toasts are just that! Blueberry and chocolate + banana and almond butter + savory bacon and eggs + fresh avocado = perfection on a plate!
Topping amounts listed in ingredients are enough for 2 slices of each kind
- 1 large sweet potato
- Avocado oil
- ½ avocado, sliced
- Garnish: Sesame seeds
- 2 eggs, scrambled
- 2 pieces bacon, cooked
- ½ banana, sliced thinly
- 2 tbsp almond butter, creamy
- Garnish: chopped almonds or cinnamon
- ½ oz (14g) unsweetened chocolate, chopped
- 1 tbsp coconut milk
- 1 tsp honey
- 4oz blueberries, fresh
- Garnish: shredded coconut, cacao nibs
- Preheat the oven to 400F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Wash and peel the sweet potato. Cut long-ways into ¼”-thick slices.
- Lay the sweet potato slices onto the baking sheet and lightly brush with a little avocado oil.
- Bake for 20 minutes. Flip the slices, then bake for another 10-15 minutes or until they begin to brown.
- Top with your toppings of choice – for the chocolate blueberry: melt the chocolate, mix it with the milk and honey, then spread on the “toast”.